Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The accident

The accident I was involved in happened on the 1st of November 2008. I was driving my scooter, Aprilia to the house of a friend of mine with a nice prospective of a Saturday evening BBQ. I live in Graceville and he lives in Indroopilly so it wasn't far.

I took Oxley Rd and , crossed the bridge, I continued on Coonan Rd and left on Station. Finney, Woodville Rd. There I stopped to wait my turn to enter the busy Moggil Rd. Cars were coming from my right side. I had to take the Moggil Rd on the left and then right onto Russel Tce. I moved with my scooter forward a bit just to get a better view of the incoming cars from the right and... BANG!

I felt like a mountain had crumbled upon me and pushed me forward into the Moggil car stream. I felt my head bending backward suddenly. I heard the crack of the plastic of my scooter and the sound of debris falling on the ground. I had a split second to make up my mind. I managed not to fall and controlled my scooter. I pulled over to my left, safe from the dangerous stream of car still coming at my right on the Moggil. The impact pushed me forward five or seven meters.

No comments: