Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CT scan results



I knew I had to end up showing some intimate image of me but it is for the sake of knowledge. The picture that accompanies this post is my actual neck a month after the accident. Can you see how straight it is? It is not suppose to be like that. There should be a gentle curvature along the profile of the neck.

That straightness is due to muscular spasm. This means that there has been a damage at a muscular level and some of the neck muscles are abnormally contracted due to this damage. That explains also why I am having all these problems of back pain and shoulder pain. Back and shoulder muscles are all linked and a dysfunction in a group of muscles causes a re-arrangement of a connected group in an attempt to counter-balance the dysfunction itself. This causes abnormal contraction of muscular groups that eventually leads to pain and discomfort.

According to the report there is no evident bony damage, which is good I say.

No comments: