Thursday, November 27, 2008

Doctor and CT scan



On last Wednesday I saw Dr Chris Andrews to have a second assessment of my neck and on why this pain is not settling properly after more than three weeks from the accident. He checked my reflexes and asked me to take a CT scan to rule out any possible involvement of bony tissue in the injury.

A CT (computerised tomography) scan is a special kind of X-ray. The scanner, instead of sending out a single X-ray through your body as with ordinary X-rays, sends several beams simultaneously from different angles. CT scans are far more detailed than ordinary X-rays. The information from the computer images can be reconstructed to produce three-dimensional images by some modern CT scanners. They can be used to produce virtual images that show what a surgeon would see during an operation. So, a lot of information there.

I have taken the scan the same day and the results should be already on the doctor's table. I'll book an appointment with him next week.

No comments: